- St. Lawrence Middle School’s Student Council organized a fundraiser for Abby Glass’s seventh-grade students and raised $1,000 to donate to FRC’s Crisis Care and Parent Time-Out Programs.
- FRC’s Rec Services Program received a donation of three state-of-the-art exercise bicycles
from Collins Aerospace in Carroll, subsequently starting a new wellness effort among the enthusiastic clients.
- FRC was awarded a grant in the amount of $3,000 from the Community Foundation of Carroll County. The grant funds were awarded in fulfillment of FRC’s request for funding to help offset costs associated with their Crisis Care and Parent Time-Out Programs.
- Carroll Mayor Eric Jensen joined FRC’s employees to proclaim April as Child Abuse Prevention Month. In the proclamation, Jensen said he “calls upon all citizens to increase their participation in building caring connections with families, thereby preventing child abuse and strengthening communities.”
- Carroll First United Methodist Church (FUMC) donated $140 to FRC to be used to purchase diapers for their Client Needs Closet. The money was raised through FUMC’s Parents’ Night Out, an event at which the senior high school students from the church babysit children from 5:00-8:00 p.m. and a free will donation is requested to go towards that month’s mission project.
- St. Rose of Lima Court No. 6 Catholic Daughters of the Americas donated $578.67 to FRC from its Life Saver Program, a funding drive held annually by local parishes to support organizations that assist individuals experiencing challenging situations such as domestic violence, loss of jobs, house fires, and many other adversities.
- FRC received a “Pay it Forward” donation from Becky Windschitl, owner and conductor of All Strings Attached Orchestra in Carroll. Becky had received $100 from her senior class to be used at her discretion, and she decided to make FRC the recipient of the donation “to help those who cannot do for themselves.”
- Nick Nurse, Toronto Raptors coach and FRC board member, led his team to win the NBA Championship on June 13. FRC was very pleased to proudly congratulate Nick and the Raptors on their win, and thanked Nick for his ongoing support of our agency.
Starting with the November – December 2019 newsletter, we will no longer be sending out individual copies to members. The newsletter will be posted online at www.carrollfrc.org. If you do not have access to a computer, please call Sherry Greteman, Marketing & Development Director, at (712) 792-6440, extension 234.
- SCL for 15 YR.-OLD MALE IN CARROLL
- SCL FOR 11 YR.-OLD MALE IN CARROLL
- RESPITE FOR YOUNG ADULT MALE IN CARROLL
- RESPITE FOR ADULT FEMALE IN LANESBORO
- RESPITE FOR YOUNG MALE IN BREDA
- Call Katie Leinen, Carroll Office, 712-792-6440 X222
- SUBS FOR WAIVER HOMES IN GREENFIELD
- SCL AND RESPITE FOR 13 YR.-OLD MALE IN GUTHRIE CENTER
- Call Brenda Wickland, Stuart Office, 515-523-1611
- MALE TO PROVIDE SCL TO MALE ADULT MEMBER. UP TO 20 HRS. MO. IN CARROLL
- PROVIDER FOR MALE ADULT MEMBER TO OFFER SCL SERVICES. UP TO 25 HRS. PER MO., & RESPITE, IN COON RAPIDS
- SUBSTITUTES IN WAIVER HOMES
- Contact Vicki Haun, 712-792-6440, EXT. 230
- HAB FOR 2 ADULT FEMALES IN AUDUBON
- SCL FOR 2 ADULT MALES IN AUDUBON
- HAB FOR MALE IN GLIDDEN
- SCL FOR 16 YR.-OLD FEMALE IN GRISWOLD
- SCL, CDAC, RESPITE FOR FEMALE IN GRISWOLD
- Call Bradi Burr, Carroll Office, 712-792-6440 x241
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
STACEY PETER, HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
502 W. 7TH ST., CARROLL, IA 51401
Be part of a great team that makes a positive difference in the lives of others!
Mark Your Calendars
- FRC will be hosting the Chamber Coffee from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 20. We hope you can join us as we welcome the public to our agency to learn more about our services!
- FRC will hold its 2019 Fall Affair on Thursday evening, November 7 at Rueter’s Red Power in Carroll. More details will follow!
- CARROLL POTLUCK DAY HAB, 104 W. 6th St. Please bring a side dish or dessert to feed at least 30 people, and your own drink. Group homes bringing 3+ people need to bring TWO side dishes! Mon., Sept. 9 Home on Maple. Main Dish: Lasagna & Garlic Bread (Postcards will be mailed out with details!)
- BUSY DIZZY LIZZY’S CORNER Atlantic Potluck – September 30 @ 6:00 p.m. Atlantic United Church of Christ. Main Dish – Chili.
- Stuart Potlucks – September 10 @5:30 p.m. Amber Beeler/Liz Tobak – Spaghetti October 7 @ 5:30 p.m. Host/Hostess TBA
- Good Luck to all Special Olympic athletes participating in bowling on October 4th & 5th.
It’s exciting to have new athletes participate this year!
- Fall Fun Day – October 26! 4:00 -? Enclosed shelter house in Breda: games, pumpkin carving, s’mores. Main dish will be chili dogs. Please bring a fruit or vegetable side dish to share. RSVP by October 20 (watch for orange postcard)
July August Newsletter